A Stones Throw - Our Unique Holiday Home
Hidden away in a beautiful corner of the Northern Highlands is a unique holiday experience which you'll not want to tell your friends about. Except of course you will want to boast that you were the first to find this particular gem.
"A Stones Throw" - The unique holiday home that is:
- A stone's throw from the first tee on one of the Highland's most spectacular links golf courses.
- A stone's throw from miles of clean, sandy and award winning beaches and the clear sea beyond.
- A stone's throw from a network of award winning coastal, woodland and mountain walks.
Imagine a warm July morning. You wake up in your holiday home, surrounded by one of the Highlands' finest links courses, overlooking the 14th green. Just a short chip beyond is mile upon mile of sandy beach guarding the stunningly blue sea of the Moray Firth.
Just a few steps from your front doorstep, and you are on the first tee, ready to enjoy, completely inclusive, one of the most enjoyable rounds of golf in your life. And you can do that every day of your stay. In the long summer days which grace the Highlands, you can play from 6am to midnight if you wish.
Visit once and you'll want to keep it a secret from envious friends. But you'll return again and again to this unique, beautifully furnished holiday home with it panoramic views and relaxing atmosphere.
All rooms have amazing outlooks: the living room and kitchen face directly onto the golf course and sea. Through the living room's second window, you'll see the course with the hills beyond. Bedrooms look onto the magnificent Ben Bhraggie mountain. You'll catch the early morning sun and enjoy it as it saunters on to set behind the Ben. The amazing skies which bless this corner of Scotland will make your evening barbecue a kaleidoscope of colours.
Of course Golspie is not just for golfers, although we know they'll return year after year ahving once experienced this particular dream. But everyone who enjoys the charm and relaxation of the Northern Highlands will love Golspie which is so much more than just a place to stay.
Golspie is renowned for its myriad of coastal and woodland walks; the village has a full length swimming pool and gym, tennis courts and a bowling green, a geological exhibition, and falconry in the summer. Then there is Dunrobin Castle, one of the Highlands' most popular tourist destinations and a superb example of a beautifully preserved castle.
And of course there is the endless beach and sea which hug the length of the village.
A Stones throw
Was formerly let to greenkeepers employed a Golspie Golf Club. In early 2005 it was renovated and restored, furnished and decorated to the highest standard.
The self-catering acommodation, which sleeps a maximum of 6, is on one floor althought the entrance is via a short flight of steps. Consisting of:-
- Entranceway housing a large cupboard (with heating if needed) to store golf clubs and outdoor clothes etc.
- Spacious kitchen/dining with vistas of the golf course and beyond to the sea. Fully and newly equipped, it includes electric cooker and hob, microwave and fridge (with freezer compartment) and washing machine.
- Living room, which enjoys stunning views, including a large colour television with freeview and video, 3 seater sofa and a double-bed settee.
- Two bedrooms with twin beds and substantial wardrobe and drawer acommodation. All have electric blankets, duvets and pillows. Bed linen is provided.
- Fully tiled bathroom has a bath and shower, toilet and handbasin plus heated towel rail.
- Wood flooring throughout with rugs to add that cosy touch.
- To the rear a sheltered, enclosed patio area with garden furniture. There is also a retractable washing line.
No smoking or pets please.
There are a number of restaurants in Golspie and the surrounding area in addition to the full catering provided within the clubhouse itself.
Short stays (min 2 nights) can be arranged. For accommodation and rates please enquire to Mrs Kay Miller or Tel: (+44) 01408 633064